New Homes in the West Villages
Frequently Asked Questions!
If you want to build or if you want to buy brand new, you have three choices:
1. Buy a single vacant lot and hire a local builder.
2. Go to one of the many new communities which pop up every week and let the "community builder" build your home.
3. Buy a spec home which the builder has ready for a quick move in, or buy a home which is in the process of being build. You may still have the option to choose some of the options.
The Grass is not always greener on the other side
However, there is usually an important limitation: in most communities, you have the choice of perhaps one to three builders. So, if you do not like that particular builder you have to look for another community - not for another builder or model. Some developers allow you to use your own builder when you are paying a steep "penalty," but usually, that does not make too much sense.
In the greater Venice area, you have many brand new communities to choose from.
Many home buyers are attracted to New Construction. However, there are pros and cons when buying a new home and everybody should keep that in mind.
The pros of Buying a New Home vs. a Resale Home:
- Nobody has ever lived in the home before.
- It is also appealing to the home buyers that they can to a certain degree pick their floor plan.
- They also have a little room for upgrades and design choices. No tired looking home to begin with and no extensive remodeling.
- Last but not least: New homes usually come with a 10-year limited warranty. That covers at least the roof and other major structures.
- Also, new home communities in Venice and Sarasota are now offering a wealth of amenities for a very active lifestyle. Community pools, tennis courts, pickleball courts, and bocce ball courts are almost a given. Check www.OysterCreekGolfandCountryClub.com for an example.
The cons of Buying a New Home vs. a Resale Home are:
- Homebuyers are going to live on a construction site for quite a while.
- New home communities are now farther away from the beach. Shops and restaurants are also further away until the community is well established.
- The upgrade option is dangerous. Yes, dangerous if you do not watch your budget. You are upgrading here and there and eventually, you are paying a hefty price. That is the way how builders make money. You don't want the "standard" kitchen, you want the real deal. You also don't want the "standard" tiles, you want the big tiles installed diagonally. Guess what, that sucked instantly $20k more out of your bank account.
- Despite all the upgrades, the house is still pretty "naked." All the small stuff adds up. New homes rarely come with washer and dryer anymore. They come with a washer and dryer hook-up. They might come with vinyl blinds, but no real window treatments. All this small stuff adds easily up to thousands of extra dollars.
- Read the fine print. New homes often come with a lot of fees. The builders like to charge extra fees, like a sprinkler hook-up fee for example. Some companies are very creative when it comes to inventing new fees and it is very unlikely that they will waive them.
Bay Breeze International Realty is a local and independent Real Estate Company. We know the area very well, and we are familiar with new communities and new construction in the greater Venice and Sarasota area.
Not affiliated with any builder, we point out all the pros and cons of each community to you. With our help, you can make a confident buying decision, one you won’t regret after you've signed on the dotted line. There is so much more to consider when buying new, however, we can tell you what the obstacles are. Dare to compare……we are ready to help find the lifestyle you want.
You won't get the new home for less money when you go on your own. The builders have the cost built in as marketing cost and won't give you a break on the price.
Allow us to represent you when thinking of new construction. Our services to you are entirely free of charge. We are patient, relate to you and be there whenever you need us. You won’t get a better deal without representation.
Keep in mind that the sales representative at the Sales Center represents the builder only - not you. The builder pays us a commission, not the buyer (you). For the builder, this is just the cost of doing business.
When you work directly with the builder, you miss out on having an agent on your side who works in your best interest. Get in touch with us today and find out more about New Construction and new communities in the Venice area and how we can help.