New Homes in Sarasota
New Homes in Nokomis, Osprey, and City of Venice
New Homes in Englewood
New Construction in North Port, Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda
West Villages Homes New Homes
Neighborhoods of The West Villages
Island Walk at the West Villages is a DiVosta community, will have 2,000 homes on 860 acres land once completed. Island Walk is gated and maintenance free community 60% of the lots are already sold. The community has an impressing community center with lagoon pool, lap pool, state-of-the-art fitness center, and a full-time activities director who is coordinating all other activities. Island Walk added a new ballroom/meeting center recently. There is no golf course in the community, but many homes come with a water or nature preserve view. Social activity is in high demand, the community will have a second community center with lagoon pool, lap pool with construction ready in 2019.
Grand Palm is a gated lifestyle community of 2,000 homes located in Venice East. The community consists of several villages with separate, gated entrances. So far about 800 homes have been built in 2017; the community lagoon pool, the clubhouse, the walking trails and the lake are ready for new owners to enjoy. Grand Palm offers resort style living in a 1,025-acre Master Planned environment. More than 33% of the community is open space, and in the center is a beautiful 32-acre adventure lake with a 9-acre island oasis. Take your canoe/kayak out for a ride and enjoy the sunset.
The Gran Paradiso community is a Master Planned, Resort Style, Community with 2,000 homes, once completed. The gated community sits on more than 2,000 acres of land. Its location is just across from Island Walk, on the other side of US 41. Huge areas of protected preserves and 35 lakes make this community a nature lovers paradise.
The impressive clubhouse, yes -it is really impressive, with a gorgeous community pool and a state-of-the-art fitness center is the center of this little "universe." Future homeowners have choices, they can either build with Lennar, Arthur Rutenberg, or Sam Rodgers. Maybe too many choices? You need to decide for yourself.
Sarasota National is another important member of the West Villages. This is the only Golf Course community, although only about 800 of the 1,600 homes are lined up along the 18 - hole, championship golf course. And only those homeowners need to be members of the golf club and get an extra bill. It doesn't mean that the other homeowners can't play a round of golf, but they need to be more patient during the season and they cannot go to the golf club for a drink.
Renaissance is another gated community of the West Villages. The community offers a zero entry resort-style pool with lap lanes, tennis courts, pickle and bocce ball courts, and a fitness center. Renaissance is located next to a dog park and walking trails. Your furry friend will love that.
The West Villages also introduce a new gated and maintenance free community called "The Preserve." You can choose from paired villas and single-family homes. Although maintenance free, the Preserve community offers low Homeowners Association fees. The new Amenity Center includes a Clubhouse, Fitness Center, Pool, Bocci Ball Courts, and Pickle Ball Courts.
The Oasis, located near the intersection of S Tamiami Trail and River Road, offers 2,100 - 4,000 Sq Ft homes on 60 and 70 ft wide home sites. Nature preserves, ponds, walking trails, and a resort style community pool/clubhouse are part of the Oasis - lifestyle.
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a Line for more information or to schedule a private home tour. You may also call us at 941-244-8341.
What are the Options when Buying New Construction in the Venice-Sarasota Area?
If you want to build or if you want to buy brand new - you have two choice: 1. buy a single vacant lot and hire a local builder, or 2. go to one of the many new communities which popped up within the last years and let the "community builder" build your home.
When doing the latter, you again have several choices: start from scratch and have the home built accordingly to your ideas, buy one that is already in the process of being built, or purchase a speculation home (spec home) that is ready to move in. Spec Homes are those already completed homes that are sitting there waiting for a new owner.
The Grass is not always greener on the other side
However, there is usually an important limitation: in most communities, you have the choice of only one, maybe two (rarely three) builders. So, if you do not like that particular builder you have to look for another community - not for another builder or model. Some developers allow you to use your own builder when you are paying a steep "penalty," but usually, that does not make too much sense.
In Venice, you have many brand new communities to choose from: Venetian Golf and River Club, Grand Palm, Village Walk at the West Villages, Sarasota National, Gran Paradiso, Renaissance and so forth. Willow Chase, Stoneybrook at Venice, Sawgrass and Venice Golf and Country Club have only a few if any remaining lots left.
Pros and Cons of Buying New vs Retail
Many home buyers are attracted to New Construction. However, there are pros and cons when buying a new home and everybody should keep that in mind.
The pros of Buying a New Home vs. a Resale Home:
- Nobody has ever lived in the home before.
- It is also appealing to the home buyers that they can to a certain degree pick their floor plan.
- They also have a little room for upgrades and design choices. No tired looking home to begin with and no extensive remodeling.
- Last but not least: New homes usually come with a 10-year limited warranty. That covers at least the roof and other major structures.
- Also, new home communities in Venice and Sarasota are now offering a wealth of amenities for a very active lifestyle. Community pools, tennis courts, pickleball courts, and bocce ball courts are almost a given. Check www.OysterCreekGolfandCountryClub.com for an example.
The cons of Buying a New Home vs. a Resale Home are:
- Homebuyers are going to live on a construction site for quite a while.
- New home communities are now farther away from the beach. Shops and restaurants are also further away until the community is well established.
- The upgrade option is dangerous. Yes, dangerous if you do not watch your budget. You are upgrading here and there and eventually, you are paying a hefty price. That is the way how builders make money. You don't want the "standard" kitchen, you want the real deal. You also don't want the "standard" tiles, you want the big tiles installed diagonally. Guess what, that sucked instantly $20k more out of your bank account.
- Despite all the upgrades, the house is still pretty "naked." All the small stuff adds up. New homes rarely come with washer and dryer anymore. They come with a washer and dryer hook-up. They might come with vinyl blinds, but no real window treatments. All this small stuff adds easily up to thousands of extra dollars.
- Read the fine print. New homes often come with a lot of fees. The builders like to charge extra fees, like a sprinkler hook-up fee for example. Some companies are very creative when it comes to inventing new fees and it is very unlikely that they will waive them.
Why You should consider having representation
Bay Breeze International Realty is a local and independent Real Estate Company. We know the area very well, and we are familiar with new communities and new construction in the greater Venice and Sarasota area.
Not affiliated with any builder, we point out all the pros and cons of each community to you. With our help, you can make a confident buying decision, one you won’t regret after you've signed on the dotted line. There is so much more to consider when buying new, however, we can tell you what the obstacles are. Dare to compare……we are ready to help find the lifestyle you want.
How does it work?
Allow us to represent you when thinking of new construction. Our services to you are entirely free of charge. We are patient, relate to you and be there whenever you need us. You won’t get a better deal without representation.
Keep in mind that the sales representative at the Sales Center represents the builder only - not you. The builder pays us a commission, not the buyer (you). For the builder, this is just the cost of doing business.
When you work directly with the builder, you miss out on having an agent on your side who works in your best interest. Get in touch with us today and find out more about New Construction and new communities in the Venice area and how we can help.