Consider selling a home in Venice or Englewood?
Once you’ve made the decision to sell your home, there is so much more to consider. Before you are getting too excited, it may be a good idea to sit down and clarify your motivations. Try to draw up a basic time frame for the selling process. Do you need a plan A and plan B? Plan A: What do you want to do if you are lucky and your home sells very fast? Do you have a place to live? What are your plans if it doesn’t sell for months? Do you have to leave and rent a place in another city? Maybe you can sit it out? These are the things you have to make sure in advance.
When is the Best Time to Sell?
If you need to sell fast because you got a better job somewhere else the choice is obviously not yours. With an accurate market analysis and action plan, we can try to speed up the selling process. If you do not have to sell immediately, we can find the most favorable time to sell. This is, of course, the better option. Whatever route we have to take, we will always keep you informed about what is happening in the marketplace. Price changes of comparable homes in the neighborhood are a critical parameter.
Why list with us?
Global Exposure – Proven Technology and Marketing – Availability
- Global Exposure: Take advantage of our extensive networks though many international and national organizations. We’ll ensure that your property will be seen and recognized in the best possible light. International marketing is a must. We maintain bi-lingual websites in the European Market like Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. Did you know that most of our Foreign buyers come from these countries?
- Proven Technology and Marketing: Each day we utilize the most efficient and up to date advertising and comprehensive range of marketing strategies. We stay in touch with our advertising and referral network, which provides us with qualified buyers around the globe. Our listings are syndicated through all the important brand websites, the largest MLS in Florida, our Websites, and Blogs.
- Availability: As your listing agent, we will be your guide and partner until the home is sold. We listen and understand your unique situation and concerns. Our strengths are to stay in touch with you from start to finish. Because we work as a real team, one of us is always available. We can address your needs quickly. Of course, you will have one primary contact who is there for you all the time. That is the beauty of a small company: fast, flexible and not dependent on Corporate decision-making. Selling a home is a full-time job if done right. Putting a “For Sale-Sign” up is the easiest part.
What is the Value of Your Home?
Most home sellers try to find out the value of their property by going to sites like Zillow or Trulia. Those online estimates have become better over the years, but even Zillow admits that the automated estimate is just a starting point at best, but sometimes far off from the real value. They don’t know the condition of the house, nor do they know if you put in a new kitchen and bathrooms. As Realtors and Members of the MLS, we have that information right at our fingertips. We even know some or all of the competing/ and or sold homes in the neighborhood.
There is only one way to avoid the pitfalls of an automated home value: a comprehensive market analysis. You the seller needs to know what happened in the past and what is going on right now in his community. Only when equipped with the best knowledge one can make the best decision and sell the house within a short period.
We offer a FREE Home Evaluation without any obligation. Give us a call at 941-460-8832 or email us to schedule an appointment.
Is there anything the Seller can Do to Increase the Value?
Very often our answer is YES. The following are a couple of factors which can have a dramatic influence on the sale. We are not talking about “remodeling” – this is a different story.
- The “old school” Curb Appeal. A beautiful lawn, combined with colorful plants and well-trimmed hedges and trees will make a good “first impression”. Keeping the landscaping pristine will create an immediate impact on passers-by and potential buyers.
- Property Repairs are a MUST- NOT an OPTION! Whoever came up with the idea that a broken door knob is not a “big deal” has probably never bought or sold a house. When people see a broken window or broken door knob, they always tend to think that the whole house has not been taken care of. Fix it, paint it and brighten up the property!
- Cleanliness. Are your carpets clean? Clean your stove, your microwave your bathrooms. Hire a professional cleaning crew and have the house deep-cleaned. Clean the grout of the kitchen floor. De-clutter your home. Put away the pile of magazines, and the kitty litter. Too many furniture in a room make the room smaller. If you want to keep them put them in a storage. A vase of fresh flowers on the table could work wonders.
Presenting your property is our job. Other agents will make arrangements with us; we will inform you and ask you to leave home for the time of showing (if possible). An electronic lock-box, which we will install before the first showing, will provide other agents with a key to your home. The box will automatically send us information about who accessed your home and when. The buyer’s agent will also automatically receive an email asking for feedback.
Accepting an Offer
The initial offer is rarely final, and there is often room for some terms and conditions that may make the offer attractive to you. We will negotiate the best “package” for you, the seller. It is our responsibility to find an agreement everybody can agree to.
After acceptance of the offer, there is a timeline to mark every stage in the process. We will make sure, that every step meets the contractual requirements. The inspection and the appraisal need to follow a particular time frame. If the agreement is conditional upon financing the lending institution needs to be frequently contacted to keep the process going. At the right time, we will demand a written loan commitment.
The closing agent stays in contact with us and keeps all the parties involved in the process informed. When everything is set and done, we will accompany you to the closing.